2
votes

I am new to SAP HANA database. I have successfully hosted the SAP HANA express database on cloud server. I have created a database and I am able to query it for the CLI.

However I have trouble connecting it from eclipse have spent two days on the same.

I am following https://developers.sap.com/india/tutorials/hxe-howto-eclipse.html tutorial.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Please Note :

  1. I am able to connect to server using RDP and putty so the IP address is correct
  2. I have started the database using command hdbsql -i 90 -d HXE -u SYSTEM -p SAPhxe123
  3. why is eclipse taking port 39015 by default in last screenshot? is this the issue or can we change this.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

4
Is this a docker installation? Or the image from the marketplace on Azure? - Lucia S
I don't know about Ether's case @LuciaS but I installed the HXE using AWS Marketplace including advanced applications - Eralper
@Ether What is your release of Eclipse? I had Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9) and installed SAP related perspectives from tools.hana.ondemand.com/2018-09 - Eralper

4 Answers

2
votes

Remove the port and just keep HXE for the tenant.

39015 is the right one for the first tenant in an AWS or Azure VM (39017 is for Docker).

Try connecting to the system database first. If that works but the tenant doesn't, check this: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/hxe-gcp-eclipse-tenant-connect.html

If that doesn't work: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/02/24/troubleshooting-connection-problems-for-hana-express/

Unless you explicitly closed port 22, ping should respond.

Also a reminder that HANA studio is part of a set of deprecated tools so if you are looking to learn native development, I would recommend going for XS advanced.

1
votes

Could you please refer to following document: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/mlb-hxe-tools-sql-eclipse.html

There the tenant database connection is created as follows

The host server (IP) is maintained in hosts file

Additionally the tenant db is only provided as HXE without port number

enter image description here

0
votes

For tenant database, I think it is enough to use HXE Did you try to change the host name by adding the port information after IP address?

0
votes

When your HXE instance was created on AWS, did you assigned it the default security group or did create one based on "Seller settings"?

This is really important because without this custom security group you won't be able to access your instance from the outside world.

Please refer to the following tutorial for more details: https://developers.sap.com/canada/tutorials/hxe-aws-setup.html