2
votes

I am trying to set solid gauge chart to use defined colors for ranges using colorAxis dataClasses, but it isn't working. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

How should I define the colorAxis and dataClasses?

Please see http://jsfiddle.net/edob/27oc38L1 UPDATE!!! I've amended fiddle to use stops, and it worked for colors defined as red, green and not for hexadecimal colors! Try values like 51, 65 and 81

 $(function() {

  Highcharts.chart('container-cpu', {

    chart: {
      type: 'solidgauge'
    },

    title: null,

    pane: {
      center: ['50%', '85%'],
      size: '140%',
      startAngle: -90,
      endAngle: 90,
      background: {
        backgroundColor: (Highcharts.theme && Highcharts.theme.background2) || '#EEE',
        innerRadius: '60%',
        outerRadius: '100%',
        shape: 'arc'
      }
    },

    tooltip: {
      enabled: false
    },

    yAxis: {
      min: 0,
      max: 100,
      title: {
        text: 'CPU'
      }
    },

    colorAxis: {
      dataClasses: [{
        from: 0,
        to: 50,
        color: 'red'
      }, {
        from: 50,
        to: 90,
        color: 'green'
      }, {
        from: 90,
        color: 'yellow'

      }]
    },

    series: [{
      name: 'HDD',
      data: [70]

    }]

  });
});

I see default blue color for any value and I would expect to see green for value 70.

2

2 Answers

2
votes

To color the value of a solidgauge you should use stops, like this:

yAxis: {
  stops: [
    [0.5, 'red'], 
    [0.9, 'green'], 
    [1, 'yellow'] 
  ],
  min: 0,
  max: 100,
  title: {
    text: 'CPU'
  }
},

Solid gauge series only. Color stops for the solid gauge. Use this in cases where a linear gradient between a minColor and maxColor is not sufficient. The stops is an array of tuples, where the first item is a float between 0 and 1 assigning the relative position in the gradient, and the second item is the color.

Working JSFiddle example: http://jsfiddle.net/ewolden/c8qy4x5o/1/

API on stops: https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/yAxis.stops


Since you said in a comment that you want to use solid colors, and not gradients; the following is one way you can implement that:

chart: {
  type: 'solidgauge',
  events: {
    load: function() {
      var currentValue = this.series[0].points[0].y;
      var newColor = '';
      console.log(currentValue)
        if(currentValue < 50) {
        newColor = 'red'
      } else if(currentValue < 90) {
        newColor = 'green'
      } else {
        newColor = 'yellow'
      }
      this.series[0].points[0].update({color: newColor}, true)
    }
  }
},

Working example: http://jsfiddle.net/ewolden/s9qrhtmb/

API on point.update: https://api.highcharts.com/class-reference/Highcharts.Point#update

0
votes

Instead of colorAxis you need to add stops with proper values in yAxis. I believe this is what you are looking for working example. As I checked it's not creating gradients and colors are solid.

$(function() {

  Highcharts.chart('container-cpu', {

    chart: {
      type: 'solidgauge'
    },

    title: null,

    pane: {
      center: ['50%', '85%'],
      size: '140%',
      startAngle: -90,
      endAngle: 90,
      background: {
        backgroundColor: (Highcharts.theme && Highcharts.theme.background2) || '#EEE',
        innerRadius: '60%',
        outerRadius: '100%',
        shape: 'arc'
      }
    },

    tooltip: {
      enabled: false
    },

    yAxis: {
      stops: [
        [0.5, '#DF5353'], // red
        [0.9, '#55BF3B'], // green
        [1, '#DDDF0D'] // yellow
      ],
      min: 0,
      max: 100,
      title: {
        text: 'CPU'
      }
    },

    series: [{
      name: 'HDD',
      data: [49]

    }]

  });
});
<script src="https://code.highcharts.com/highcharts.js"></script>
<script src="https://code.highcharts.com/highcharts-more.js"></script>

<script src="https://code.highcharts.com/modules/solid-gauge.js"></script>

<div id="container-cpu" class="chart-container"></div>