2
votes

I have an issue with saving commit message using Atom. I know there is an alternative to make commit with description using this
git commit -m "Title" -m "Description .........."
but I am committed with course track. anyway, all I do my steps to make commit until I get the error message is in the following YouTube video.

my problem with Atom to save commit message and exit .

ultimately, I got this error message

Attempting to call a function in a renderer window that has been closed or released. Function provided here: Object. (C:\Users\Kimo Store\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.33.0\resources\app.asar\node_modules\github\lib\worker.js:61:22 Remote event names: destroyed, crashed

to be noted I am working with windows OS, GIT bash and Atom text editor

1

1 Answers

0
votes

First, you don't need to put your commit message between "" (double quotes) when editing said message in an editor (as opposed to the command-line git commit -m "...").

Second, check how your Atom is set as a git commit message editor.

git config -l

GitHub documents for instance:

git config --global core.editor "atom --wait"