I am completely new with oracle db set up. That's why I've downloaded and run following oracle VM. For my project specific purposes I did few steps to have table space and user/scheme with appropriate permissions like this:
- create tablespace MYTABLESPACE datafile 'linux/path/MYTABLESPACE.DBF' size 4096m autoextend on next 512m maxsize 8192m;
- create user MYUSER identified by MYUSER default tablespace MYTABLESPACE;
- grant connect, resource, unlimited tablespace, select any dictionary to MYUSER;
There are default configurations files which are stored within ${ORACLE_HOME}/network/admin
listener.ora
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = orclcdb)
(SID_NAME = orclcdb)
(ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/version/db_1)
)
)
LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 0.0.0.0)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
#HOSTNAME by pluggable not working rstriction or configuration error.
DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (orclcdb)
tnsnames.ora
ORCLCDB=localhost:1521/orclcdb ORCL= (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 0.0.0.0)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
) )
With configurations mentioned above I am unable to connect with newly created user using SID, please see table below
Following error is received in such case:
[72000][1017] ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Can someone please clarify what is missed in configuration because SID connection is requirement for legacy application?




