I have a texture on the GPU defined by an OpenGL textureID and target.
I need for further processing a 300 pixel bitmap in CPU memory (width 300 pixel, height proportional depending on the source width).
The pixel format should be RGBA, ARGB or BGRA with float components.
How can this be done?
Thanks for your reply.
I tried the following. But I get only white pixels back:
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
// create render texture
GLuint renderedTexture;
glGenTextures(1, &renderedTexture);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, renderedTexture);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0,GL_RGB, (GLsizei)analyzeWidth, (GLsizei)analyzeHeight, 0,GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, 0);
unsigned int fbo;
glGenFramebuffers(1, &fbo);
glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, fbo);
glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_TEXTURE_2D, renderedTexture, 0);
// draw texture
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, inTextureId);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
// Draw a textured quad
glBegin(GL_QUADS);
glTexCoord2f(0, 0); glVertex3f(0, 0, 0);
glTexCoord2f(0, 1); glVertex3f(0, 1, 0);
glTexCoord2f(1, 1); glVertex3f(1, 1, 0);
glTexCoord2f(1, 0); glVertex3f(1, 0, 0);
glEnd();
GLenum status = glCheckFramebufferStatus(GL_FRAMEBUFFER);
if(status == GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE)
{
}
unsigned char *buffer = CGBitmapContextGetData(mainCtx);
glReadPixels(0, 0, (GLsizei)analyzeWidth, (GLsizei)analyzeHeight, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, buffer);
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, 0); //
glDeleteFramebuffers(1, &fbo);