5
votes

When I'm trying to create a new work item in VSTS with the POST request:

https://galilinetsky.visualstudio.com/Automatiom/_apis/wit/workitems/$Test%20Case?api-version=5.0-preview.2

I get the next response :

Microsoft Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security Configuration is currently enabled on your environment. This enhanced level of security prevents our web integration experiences from displaying or performing correctly. To continue with your operation please disable this configuration or contact your administrator.

What am I doing wrong?

2
Which version of windows you are using? - Hamza Anis
windows 10, i tried the same on windows 7 - Gal I.
Do you use PAT? - Shayki Abramczyk
I tried but it didn't help - Gal I.

2 Answers

8
votes

It's mainly caused by the PAT format is incorrect.

Such as if I add colon : before the PAT, the REST API will return with 203.

enter image description here

16
votes

The solution is to be found in a similar question: Why I get Internet Explorer enhanced security error message in Chrome if I call VSO API from Angularjs SPA?

Andy writes

the PAT has to be prefix[ed] by ":" before you base 64 encode it"

So the solution is:

  1. Create a Personal Access Token
  2. Add a colon (':') before it
  3. Encode the new PAT (with the preceding colon) using Base 64

Et voila ! That PAT will no longer give you a 203 error.