I would like to implement authentication for all the nodes of the cluster (client and server should provide username and password to join the cluster). I tried to use the latest version, which the documentation claims to provide authentication, but it doesn't implement it for all the nodes; it's just for the new thin java client.
First question: is my understanding correct, or am I missing something?
I also tried to implement the authentication of all the nodes using the GridSecurityProcessor interface, as part of a custom plugin (by following this guide http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/ and other discussions on the public mailing list).
I got the plugin to be recognized by the server node, but I can't wire my implementation of the SecurityCredentialsProvider to Ignite; it seems Ignite doesn't use it. The question is similar to this one: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Custom-SecurityCredentialsProvider-and-SecurityCredentials-td16360.html.
As a consequence, when GridSecurityProcessor.authenticateNode(ClusterNode node, SecurityCredentials cred) is called, cred is null.
Second question: How to hook SecurityCredentialsProvider and SecurityCredentials to Ignite, so that it will call the authorizeNode method from my plugin, with these credentials?