I'm trying to use TensorBoard to display some graphs of a neural network training run. (That is, graphs of test and validation accuracy during training, not just of the network structure.) There is some example code
As well as some questions on this site, all of which seem to follow the same pattern as the example code. That is, the pattern always revolves around something like
summary, _ = sess.run([merged, train_step], ...
So basically, the operations of running a training step and recording statistics for graph display, are being conflated.
This is fine as far as it goes, but I'm trying to retrofit the graph to an existing program that inevitably does things in a slightly different way, so the example code won't work as is. What I really want to do is isolate some code that just records the statistics, separate from existing code to do the training.
How do you record statistics for TensorBoard, within the main training loop, but separate from the code that does the training?
sess.run(...), did I understand your question correctly? - abhusesess.run? If so, then yes, in a separate call to that. - rwallace