I'm trying to create a bubble chart with dc.js that will have a bubble for each data row and will be filtered by other charts on the same page. The initial bubble chart is created correctly, but when items are filtered from another chart and added or removed from the group it looks like they are being applied to the wrong group. I'm not sure what I'm messing up on the grouping or dimensions. I've created an example fiddle here
There's simple pie chart to filter on filterColumn, a bubble chart that uses identifer1, a unique field, as the dimension and xVal, yVal, and rVal to display the data, and a dataTable to display the current records.
I've tried other custom groups functions, but switched to the example from the FAQ and still had problems.
var
filterPieChart=dc.pieChart("#filterPieChart"),
bubbleChart = dc.bubbleChart('#bubbleChart'),
dataTable = dc.dataTable('#data-table');
var
bubbleChartDim=ndx.dimension(dc.pluck("identifier1")),
filterPieChartDim=ndx.dimension(dc.pluck("filterColumn")),
allDim = ndx.dimension(function(d) {return d;});
var filterPieChartGroup=filterPieChartDim.group().reduceCount();
function reduceFieldsAdd(fields) {
return function(p, v) {
fields.forEach(function(f) {
p[f] += 1*v[f];
});
return p;
};
}
function reduceFieldsRemove(fields) {
return function(p, v) {
fields.forEach(function(f) {
p[f] -= 1*v[f];
});
return p;
};
}
function reduceFieldsInitial(fields) {
return function() {
var ret = {};
fields.forEach(function(f) {
ret[f] = 0;
});
return ret;
};
}
var fieldsToReduce=['xVal', 'yVal', 'rVal'];
var bubbleChartGroup = bubbleChartDim.group().reduce(
reduceFieldsAdd(fieldsToReduce),
reduceFieldsRemove(fieldsToReduce),
reduceFieldsInitial(fieldsToReduce)
);
filterPieChart
.dimension(filterPieChartDim)
.group(filterPieChartGroup)
... ;
bubbleChart
.dimension(bubbleChartDim)
.group(bubbleChartGroup)
.keyAccessor(function (p) { return p.value.xVal; })
.valueAccessor(function (p) { return p.value.yVal; })
.radiusValueAccessor(function (p) { return p.value.rVal; })
... ;