1
votes

I am working on composer v0.16. I am trying to add 2 new nodes to an existing 2 node blockchain network. Everything works fine on the first 2 nodes. On the new nodes, when I try to ping the network with the peer Admin card or try to interact with the network using the card, the operation waits for a long time and then gives a "Error: Error trying invoke business network. Error: Error: REQUEST_TIMEOUT" error.

I have checked the composer version is same on all 4 nodes. The state of the identity is "Bound" not "Active". Anything else that can be done to check version mismatch. What else can be checked?

1
More information needed - are the new 'nodes' Peers in the same organisation, or a new organisation? Have the new Peers been joined to the channel? What other errors are you seeing? What do the logs of the docker containers for the working and non-working peers show? - R Thatcher

1 Answers

0
votes

It was trying to find the Orderer using the Orderer alias name in the connection.json and failing. Hence the timeout. Replacing the Orderer alias with the actual hostname resolved the issue.