I am using UIImagePickerController to select a single image from photo library. There is a strange issue on iPad when it is in landscape mode.
The image picker is presented using UIPopoverPresentationController on iPad as recommended. When it is first presented, the status bar is correct:
However, when going into the second level of the photo library, the status bar is changed to portrait mode:
What I have noticed so far are:
- This issue only appears in iOS 11, not iOS 10.
- When it happens, rotate the iPad to portrait and back to landscape will fix the status bar orientation.
- It only happened the first time presenting the picker controller.
- If ignore, presenting other modal view will be in portrait mode:
The code that presenting the uiimagepickerController is as follow:
UIImagePickerController *picker = [[UIImagePickerController alloc] init];
picker.modalPresentationStyle = UIModalPresentationPopover;
picker.sourceType = UIImagePickerControllerSourceTypePhotoLibrary;
picker.delegate = self;
[self presentViewController:picker animated:YES completion:nil];
UIPopoverPresentationController *popupController = picker.popoverPresentationController;
if (popupController) {
popupController.barButtonItem = sender;
}
Any idea what have I done wrong, or it is a bug?
Whole example project can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgipclyr0mz26c6/test.zip?dl=0


