0
votes

As far as enabling Conscrypt SSL I'm a little confused on where the Jetty config files are manipulated to enable the necessary modules.

I'm using dropwizard(1.3.0-rc6).

The Jetty docs go into some detail about it. It is my understanding that most of Jetty's config files are packed into a config.yml file that ships with dropwizard. So I don't understand how $JETTY_BASE and $JETTY_HOME are accessible through dropwizards implementation. Jetty is pulled in by dependency apart of Dropwizards core. If I want to edit Jetty connectors for examples, do I need to manually recreate httpconnector for example.

How to edit Jetty's sslContextFactory file to set Conscrypt as the security provider?

1

1 Answers

0
votes

After some reading.. I had jetty installed locally with brew.
So /usr/local/Cellar/ is where brew installs packages.
cd into /jetty/libexec this is where the start.jar / start.ini are.
Then you run the jar with arguments to add the ssl and conscrypt modules. java -jar start.jar --add-to-start=ssl,conscrypt

I still don't believe this has anything to do with dropwizards configuration of jetty, so because of this how can the jetty configuration shipped with dropwizard be changed?
Or do I pull in my machines local implementation of Jetty, and exclude Dropwizards version of it?