1
votes

I'm trying to figure out how I should setup an integration between my Team City CI-server with a git repository in microsoft Visual Studio Team Services. Today I'm using GitLab as VCS and I have added a deployment key to GitLab which I have added to Team City for authentication. Are deployment keys available in VSTS? If so - where are they located? And if not - what is the recommended approach to authenticate between a build server and VSTS?

3
(psst... gitlab isn't a vcs, but it does manage git repos) - evolutionxbox
Do you mean use TeamCity for gitlab 2FA? And what do you want for VSTS, to connect VSTS with TeamCity or gitlab? - Marina Liu

3 Answers

0
votes

I don't know what deployment keys are but you may find extensions on VSTS market place which may help you to integrate with Team City.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-devlabs.vss-services-teamcity

0
votes

Create a Personal Access Token in VSTS with related permission and then use it in Team City.

0
votes

VSTS doesn't support deployment keys the same way Git does.

If you have room on your team, one way to mimic deployment keys is to create a user with ReadOnly access. You can also scope project access.

A more "VSTS" way to manage deployments is to trigger a build (even if the build doesn't do anything) and publish the files as build artifacts. You can then use Personal Access Tokens to query for the files via a REST API.