0
votes

I wanted to insert several lines to database using DBGrid. on my query, I selected for example:

select * from cust where id='0';

that code will return no record at all so my dbgrid will not show anything but an empty row. Now I wanted to put in data in empty row with new data. However my data needs 2 lines from dbgrid. I wanted dbgrid creates an empty row right after I fill last column in first row. How do I code that? (without inserting the first row data because later I'll insert everything with a seperated button). thanks!

1

1 Answers

0
votes

you can add records in your table with NULLin each column.
For example, suppose the table where the DBGrid is binded to has 4 columns, than you can try this code to add empty records

Query1.InsertRecord([null, null, null, null]);

With this code you can add as many empty records as you like in the DBGrid
That is assuming that the query component you are using supports the InsertRecord method...