I recently downloaded a Cake site from a live server, and I am trying to bake some aspects. But I am getting files not found errors (even though they do exist), but the structure is different that the out-of-box CakePHP download. So I am wondering if I am missing the point on all this, or there is a simple way to adjust what the CLI looks for in terms of paths - namely the config/ for an ACL schema is what I am trying to crunch out.. Thanks for any advice. Been at this for a while now.
3 Answers
Idea 1:
Perhaps this is too simple, but are you sure you are running bake correctly? You should setup a environment variable for bake, orrr type the full path of bake while you are in your app folder. There are more details here: http://book.cakephp.org/view/1106/The-CakePHP-Console
Note:
$ cd /my/cake/app_folder
$ ../cake/console/cake
That will open up your cake prompt and should also resolve missing paths.
Idea 2:
Missing paths in cake can also occur as a result of non-conventional filenames, classnames etc... even if your app is working other things may not like testing, tasks, or bake. Example: in plugins if you actually follow the standard and append model to the class name, you need to then have $uses in your controller. Testing also brakes as a result if everything isn't defined.
Idea 3:
I have changed the path for my cake location before in app/index.php and app/webroot/test.php perhaps you could do the same for bake in one of those files, but since it is in cake/console you may need to do it from somewhere in that folder. Before you modify they cake folder, I would make sure to fork cake, so that you can easily still pull updates without over writing your changes.