In the dining philosophers problem we have a table with Philosophers and Forks.
sig P {}
sig F {}
For this problem I want the following relation that represents the table:
P1 -> F1
F1 -> P2
P2 -> F2
F2 -> P3
P3 -> F3
F3 -> P1
I.e. each P would point to an F and each F to a P, and this would form a circle. I would like to call a function to get this relation:
fun table : (P+F) one -> one (P+F) { ... }
I've been trying hard to make this work but it feels like I am missing something fundamental that also is relevant for other problems I am having. Somehow I miss a 'constructor'.
Any pointers?
Additional
@Hovercouch gave an working solution with a helper sig. However, this required a non-natural extension to the P and F and introduced a new sig. This can also be solved by:
sig P, F {}
one sig Table {
setting : (P+F) one -> one (P+F)
} {
# P = # F
all p : P, f : F | P in p.^setting and F in f.^setting
}
run {} for 6
Which addresses the non-natural inheritance concerns.
However, it still seems very global and a lot of work for an imho very simple problem. Still keeping the question open to see if there are other solutions.
