I want to train the NMT model from Google on Google Cloud ML. NMT Model
Now I put all input data in a bucket and downloaded the git repository. The model needs the nightly version of tensorflow so I defined it in setup.py and when I use the cpu version tf-nightly==1.5.0-dev20171115 and run the following command to run it in GCP local it works.
Train local on google:
gcloud ml-engine local train --package-path nmt/ \
--module-name nmt.nmt \
-- --src=en --tgt=de \
--hparams_path=$HPARAMAS_PATH \
--out_dir=$OUTPUT_DIR \
--vocab_prefix=$VOCAB_PREFIX \
--train_prefix=$TRAIN_PREFIX \
--dev_prefix=$DEV_PREFIX \
--test_prefix=$TEST_PREFIX
Now when I use the gpu version with the following command I got this error message few minutes after submitting the job.
Train on cloud
gcloud ml-engine jobs submit training $JOB_NAME \
--runtime-version 1.2 \
--job-dir $JOB_DIR \
--package-path nmt/ \
--module-name nmt.nmt \
--scale-tier BAISC_GPU \
--region $REGION \
-- --src=en --tgt=de \
--hparams_path=$HPARAMAS_PATH \
--out_dir=$OUTPUT_DIR \
--vocab_prefix=$VOCAB_PREFIX \
--train_prefix=$TRAIN_PREFIX \
--dev_prefix=$DEV_PREFIX \
--test_prefix=$TEST_PREFIX
Error: import tensorflow as tf ImportError: No module named tensorflow
setup.py:
from setuptools import find_packages
from setuptools import setup
REQUIRED_PACKAGES = ['tf-nightly-gpu==1.5.0-dev20171115']
setup(
name="nmt",
install_requires=REQUIRED_PACKAGES,
packages=find_packages(),
include_package_data=True,
version='0.1.2'
)
Thank you all in advance Markus
Update:
I have found a note on GCP docs Note: Training with TensorFlow versions 1.3+ is limited to CPUs only. See the Cloud ML Engine release notes for updates.
So it seems to doesn't work currently I think I have to go with the compute engine.
Or is there any hack to got it working?
However thank you for your help