tl;dr;
I am looking for a way to set a "condition" attribute on a Spring Cacheable annotation from another class. Is there such a way?
Using Spring Cache where it should cache ONLY whenever a certain method has been invoked. This method is in ClassA, the method (data) to cache is in ClassB. What I want to do is something like this:
public ClassA implements myInterface {
...
private Boolean inProcess = false;
public void cacheWhenThisMethodCalled() {
try {
inProcess = true;
// do work here, somewhere along the line
// the method in ClassB gets called
} finally {
inProcess = false;
}
}
ClassB:
public ClassB {
...
@Cacheable(cacheNames={"aCache"}, condition="#classA.inProcess")
public ValueClass findValueClass(UUID id)
However, I can't find the right condition for the SPeL to work. I have tried many combinations, none successfully. ClassA is a SpringBean, but the @Bean annotation returns the Interface, not the class. Can this be made to work? Or is there a better way?