0
votes

I am trying to install the "flask-ask" module on my Raspberry Pi which is running raspberrian-noobs. I am using the pip command "pip3 install flask-ask" Then it is going through the downloading process and when it tries to install the module I get the

Error: Exception information: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in >main status = self.run(options, args) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 290, >in run requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, >bundle=self.bundle) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1230, in >prepare_files req_to_install.run_egg_info() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 326, in >run_egg_info command_desc='python setup.py egg_info') File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/util.py", line 716, in >call_subprocess % (command_desc, proc.returncode, cwd)) InstallationError: Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 >in /tmp/pip-build-IHwQ27/cryptography

I tried running pip install cryptography before running pip install flask-ask It got me the Error:

Exception information:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 290, in run
    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1230, in prepare_files
    req_to_install.run_egg_info()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 326, in run_egg_info
    command_desc='python setup.py egg_info')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/util.py", line 716, in call_subprocess
    % (command_desc, proc.returncode, cwd))
InstallationError: Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-gOiMHb/cryptography

I also tried to download the tar.gz file manually form the pypi website but this ended with the same Error.

I would be happy if someone could tell me a solution?

1
Can you run your pip install command with --verbose so we can see the output? - AK47
Update your question and delete all the comments - AK47
Try running pip install cryptography before you run pip install flask-ask - AK47

1 Answers

0
votes

On the Pi, I've had better luck after upgrading pip3. Try

sudo -H pip3 install --upgrade pip

then try your install again.