I'm creating an AJAX heavy web application and I'm curious on what people's thoughts are on adding style and script tags to the body of an HTML document.
I've been using the jquery.load() method to insert content on the fly. An example partial HTML page that could get loaded into the body element is this:
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
// All required java script for the control goes here...
});
</script>
<style type="text/css">
/* All required styles for the inserted HTML go here */
</style>
<div id="some-control">
<!-- Required HTML markup is here. -->
</div>
Since this HTML is getting loaded into a DIV, we are ending up with script and style tags that are not in the head but in the body of an HTML document. I'm not sure if this is valid HTML? Is this a common approach to developing AJAX enabled web applications? Are there any drawbacks I should be aware of?
<script>in the body...sure. CSS in the body... I would avoid it, for no other reason than it just doesn't belong there. - Cᴏʀʏ