7
votes

Are you able to use open id to log into the local development server with google app engine sdk version 1.4.1 and python 2.5?

When I execute this

self.redirect(users.create_login_url(continue_url, None, openid_url))

I get redirected to http://localhost/_ah/login rather than the openid url. The openid url and continue url are valid.

My app.yaml looks like this

- url: /_ah/login_required
  script: do_openid_login.py

- url: /users/(.*)
  script: routers/user_router.py
  login: required

If I browse to http://localhost/users/ I am also redirected to http://localhost/_ah/login rather than http://localhost/_ah/login_required

Is there a config issue or does openid not work locally?

1
The simple answer is openid doesn't work locally. You could however built up a so-called staging area but there's probably no offline way of telling for example who's an administrator and who's a regular user. - Niklas R.
Could you explain this staging area idea? - Alex Jeffery

1 Answers

6
votes

No - in the SDK, openid logins are treated the same way as regular logins, using the same Users mockup. It's intended purely for testing.