0
votes

I'm trying to have MSBuild for Visual Studio 2017 run in my PATH on Windows 10. I recently completed this task on another machine that was using Visual Studio 2015 no problem using this command:

"%comspec% /k""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\VsMSBuildCmd.bat""

I noticed that for Visual Studio 2017, VsMSBuildCmd.bat is within C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\Tools

So I tried running the %comspec% command above with this folder but it's not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1
What do mean "but it`s not working" ? Do you get error messages? Where you run this command? Could you please provide me some detail steps so that I could reproduce this issue? - Leo Liu-MSFT

1 Answers

0
votes

I was able to get MSBuild up and running even after I typed the comspec statement above with the error appearing my command prompt. I'm not really sure if that is a Windows 10 bug.