I am working with stacked learners. According to the docs for H2OStackedEnsembleEstimator h2o's python implementation allows you to easily build ensemble models. However this is limited to building base classifiers with the same underlying training data. I have time based features whose minimum date varies depending on the data source. Each sample of data is a point in time. To take advantage of as much data as I can, I split the features up until two groups (depending on relevance and minimum date) and train two separate models. I would like to combine these models, but H2OStackedEnsembleEstimator requires the features to be the same.
According to this post about R's stacked ensemble implementation there is an option to only perform the metalearning step which should require only the k-fold cross-validation predicitons for each base model and the true target value.
In case it crosses anyone's mind...for my particular problem, I realize I am going to run into an issue with the metalearning step with this mismatch in minimum date, and I have ideas to circumvent this.