I'm trying to studying how a method in java String class works, so I created some customised code that calls that String class method.
As you can see, I have set a break point in my own code and I have set another break point in the java String class source code.
While I'm in debug mode and is on line 7 of my code, I pressed step into.
However, rather than stepping into the String class method indexOf, eclipse instead moved onto line 8 of my code.
Why is this happening? how can I step into the java string method source code?
public class TestingIndexOfMethod {
public static void main(String[] args) {
final String stringToBeSearchedThrough = "hello world";
final String substringToLookFor = "ll";
int a = stringToBeSearchedThrough.indexOf(substringToLookFor, 0);
System.out.println(a);
}
}
Edit 1:
I have already check to see, if "use step filter" is activated before asking this question on SO, and it is not activated. So I dont think "use step filter" is the problem here.
Edit 2:
step into works fine with methods I defined myself





java.lang.Stringclass implements this method and eclipse shows its souce code. I triedStep intoin eclipse and it works fine - Jay SmithRuntab and selectStep intooption - Jay Smith