0
votes

I am using ODP.Net Managed Driver to develop an online solution.

As I recall, Oracle connection pooling is based on "Connection String", different connection string will create different connection pool. Ref: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/win.102/b14307/featConnecting.htm#i1006393

The connection pooling service creates connection pools by using the 
ConnectionString property as a signature, to uniquely identify a pool.

However, in SQL Server Ref: [2]: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8xx3tyca(v=vs.110).aspx

Connections are pooled per process, per application domain, per connection 
string and when integrated security is used, per Windows identity. Connection 
strings must also be an exact match; keywords supplied in a different order 
for the same connection will be pooled separately.

Now my colleague is arguing with me about Oracle pooling is distinguished by AP and connection string. But I think it's only connection string.

For example: Application [A]: Connection String [A] Application [B]: Connection String [A]
Above will use the same connection pool.

But my colleague says Application [A]: Connection String [A] Application [B]: Connection String [A] Will use different connection pool.

Am I right about this? Please give me an answer.

1

1 Answers

0
votes

The will use a different pool in my experience. I run a distribute application and each instance of the same application with the same connection string and same user gets a pool.