I have a table of events that are done every minute. I want to be able to filter these events by time period and also aggregate data for hour/day/etc.
My data model:
create table min_dev_data (
device TEXT,
event_time BIGINT,
hour BIGINT,
day BIGINT,
value DOUBLE,
PRIMARY KEY ((device), event_time)
)
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW hour_dev_data AS
SELECT device, event_time, hour, value
FROM min_dev_data
WHERE hour IS NOT NULL AND value IS NOT NULL
and event_time IS NOT NULL AND device IS NOT NULL
PRIMARY KEY ((device), hour, event_time)
my query is
select hour, sum(value)
from hour_dev_data
where device = 'tst' and event_time < 149000000 group by device, hour;
fails with error code=2200 [Invalid query] message="PRIMARY KEY column "event_time" cannot be restricted as preceding column "hour" is not restricted"
The only way to make it work is to add ALLOW FILTERING, which is unpredictable.
How can I change my data model to address my query and avoid ALLOW FILTERING mode?
valuegrouped by hour for a particulardevicebetween these times". I'm not sure exactly what the time range is that you're looking to query over. Is it for one particular hour, or a range of hours over a certain time period, or all hours after a certain time? - Daniel Compton