2
votes

I have an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that I use to deploy something into Azure via the PowerShell cmdlet New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment.

The deployment itself works fine but takes a long time (15 to 21 minutes).

While the cmdlet is deploying the template, it just silently sits there; i.e. it doesn't print out any progress information.

Is there a way to make New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment print out what it's doing?

I already tried the -DeploymentDebugLogLevel parameter but just got warnings and couldn't figure out how to use this.

1

1 Answers

4
votes

The easiest way to achieve some output would be to add the -Verbose switch to the New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment, it would query the deployment every once in a while (usually 5 seconds intervals) and spit out something to the screen.

Alternatively you could create a deployment by using rest api and query the deployment progress yourself, that would require some development thou.