5
votes

I have just upgraded a solution with two web deployment projects from VS 2008 to 2010 (upgrading all the projects to .net 4.0 as I went).

I installed the new VS2010 web deployment projects to allow me to open my old build projects (these build up my web sites, clean up a few files and zip them for upload).

I've got these working again, but when I look at the built files, all the referenced .net framework files (e.g. System.Web.dll etc) have been included in the deployed site. Does anybody know why this might be happening and how to turn it off?

3
I am not able to repro this based on the info here. - Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi
Open the .csproj file with a text editor and see what's in. chances are you can find a clue. - Jahan

3 Answers

0
votes

Maybe you are using a component (DLL) which is using that files probably by needing specific file version of some framework libraries. VS will automatically copy dependencies of a dependency.

0
votes

It seems you're using .Net framework Client profile version. Please check the .Net framework version selected for upgraded projects under Project properties.

Here is the MSDN article on .Net framework client profile: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc656912.aspx

0
votes

One reason could be the Copy Local = True property of the referenced .net framework files.