9
votes

I am using the CodeIgniter framework for PHP. I have created a view named "login.php". Once I

created the view, I then loaded the view inside of a function named "index" which is located

inside a class named "CCI" that extends the Controller but I keep receiving this error: Fatal

error: Call to undefined function site_url() in C:\wamp\www\FinalP_CCI_Clone\system

\application\views\login.php on line 12. I don't understand the issue I an having because the

welcome page loads fine and my second function inside of the "CCI" class loads fine as well.

Here is some of the code:

Controller Files:

function CCI()
{
    parent::Controller();
}

function index()
{
    $this->load->view('login');
}

function test()
{
    echo "Testing Data";
}

}

/* End of file login.php / / Location: ./system/application/controllers/cci.php */

class Welcome extends Controller {

function Welcome()
{
    parent::Controller();   
}

function index()
{
    $this->load->view('welcome_message');
}

function test()
{
    echo "Testing Data";
}

}

/* End of file welcome.php / / Location: ./system/application/controllers/welcome.php */

2
Post more of your code, we can only guess what it could be at this point... - Jakub

2 Answers

37
votes

You have to load the helper. The function site_url() is provided by the url helper, as described here.

$this->load->helper('url');
5
votes

You can try this:

  1. First Load the URL Helper with:

    • $this->load->helper('url'); or set the following value in application/config/autoload.php
    • $autoload['helper'] = array('url');
  2. Then you can show the site url with:

Note: Results depends on values stored in application/config/config.php