20
votes

I have my client's domain registered via 1and1.com

To connect the domain to the Firebase hosting, Firebase asks me to add TWO A records with 2 IPs. In 1and1 we can only add ONE A record. Yesterday Firebase sent me this message by mail

Please re-verify ownership of www.*******.com on *******-website. The previous verification for this domain has been invalidated. You have 1 day to re-verify ownership of www.*******.com before it is removed from Firebase Hosting, which will stop all content from being served from the domain. Please visit the Firebase Hosting Panel to start the re-verification process.

Today the website was disconnected.

I reconnected the domain to the Firebase hosting through the Firebase control panel and got the website up again. But the Firebase control panel says it still needs setup

I am sure it will disconnect it again soon. How to solve that? (I already called 1and1 and they told me no way I would be able to add another A record.) enter image description here

1
My first solution will be adding 2 A records as they asked. Is changing registrar an option? - Jokester
Impossible unfortunately - Nani
the client wouldn't let me change the registrar as he has everything setup for his other domains, email, other projects at 1and1 - Nani
It starts to sound like a non-technical problem to me :o - Jokester
Same problem with STRATO Webhosting. Support confirmed that it is only possible to add one A-Record per domain. - Markus Ende

1 Answers

2
votes

I set up in the same way a website (https://lasi17.snola.es/) and it seems to work with only one A record pointing out to the Firebase IP.

In my case, I just changed the option in Hosting -> Domains -> Your custom domain (in my case lasi17.snola.es) -> Process traffic in this domain ("Edit" under the kebab menu). After that, the domain works as usual with only one A record configured.