Ok folks just installed the June DirectX SDK, been reading through the documentation. Set up my visual studio pointing to the correct Lib Include and Executable files using a user variable.
$(DXSDK_DIR) which is set to the SDK file path
I tried a tech demo at random it worked happy days!
Decided to start into the tutorials looked at the first one, decided to open the SLN file and build it to practice a bit of reverse engineering.
Alas no I keep getting this error!
Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3d10d.lib' Tutorial00 Tutorial00
I have checked the Lib/x86 folder that debug folder is there!!!! I also cleaned and rebuild the solution still no joy!
Thought perhaps it was a problem with my user variable, swapped it out for the direct link.
exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\Bin\x86
include C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Include
lib C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x86
Still the same error!
I decided to push that to the side while I tried the 2nd tutorial not it is giving me an error from the same vein.
Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d10sdklayers.h': No such file or directory c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\d3d10.h 6676 Tutorial01
the second one seems to be something to do with windows 6 SDK is that not one for mobile development or am I getting confused. I was under the impression that DirectX SDK was self contained and simply needed to be linked to VS compiler. To the ninjas of GameDev, What am I doing wrong?