While Spanner looks exciting, the documentation for the Simba JDBC driver (included in the download links here: https://cloud.google.com/spanner/docs/partners/drivers) are relatively sparse, especially when compared to the documentation for the Simba JDBC BigQuery driver (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/partners/simba-drivers/).
In particular, the documentation only mentions one connection string:
jdbc:cloudspanner://localhost;Project=simba-cloudspanner- jdbc;Instance=test-instance;Database=example-db
... there is no information about how to specify, for example, a service account and its p12 credentials or a path to a JSON file, which many Google Cloud services use.
Can anyone share JDBC connection strings or other setup details they have successfully used to connect to the service? I have tried, for example, setting the environment variable GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS and providing a JDBC string in the same style as above, but to no avail.
Ideally, I would like to use a combination of instance id, project name, database name, a service account email, and a p12 file, but am open to other authentication options.
EDIT: When attempting the GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS strategy, I generated this log file, in case it might be of any help https://gist.github.com/aryeh-looker/e6b1b1617d301f0a247463216c96535d
