I have two workbooks that I need to pull data from workbook1, to workbook2. The identifier to achieve such is empID Now for eachempID I need to show what location(s) they worked. So sample data looks like this
Workbook1
empID.....Name....Address...City...State....Zip
1
2
3
4
5
Workbook2
empID.......locationworked
1 12
2 33
1 11
4 22
3 9
1 55
5 19
2 76
1 99
I have used this formula to return the data to a different cell for each empID
=IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$B$8, SMALL(IF($A$11=$A$2:$A$8, ROW($A$2:$A$8)-ROW($A$2)+1), ROW(1:1))),"" )
But I want to create a Comma Separated list and put everything in one cell, like so
1 11,12,55,99
2 33,76
etc
Is there a way to modify the syntax so that a comma separated list is created like in my desired output?
=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,TRANSPOSE(IF(Empl=A2,Location,""))), entered with ctrl + shift + enter in column C of Workbook 2 (assuming your data is in columns A & B; then filter to just show the unique Emp ID's, but not sure how to do it in 2013 - Ron Rosenfeld