I have a WindowedApplication in Apache/Adobe Flex 4 which currently consists of one view (the view defined in the WindowedApplication MXML).
In that application I have an object which listens to data coming from a network. When data is available a method is called on that object and it shall update my view by changing the text of a label.
I do not have a reference to the view in the network listener object though. How can I get it?
This is part of my MXML where I define my view.
<fx:Script source="./ViewCodeBehind.as"/>
<!-- ommited stuff -->
<s:Label id="errorLabel"
text=""
fontSize="14"/>
<!-- Stuff in between -->
<s:Button label="Get Status"
click="getStatus();"/>
The code which is called when the button is clicked:
public function getStatus(): void
{
var networkGateway: NetworkGateway = new NetworkGatewayImpl();
networkGateway.getConnectionStatus();
}
And the NetworkGatewayImpl
public class NetworkGatewayImpl implements NetworkGateway
{
public function NetworkGatewayImpl()
{
}
public function getConnectionStatus(): void
{
// Start asynchronous network call
// when error occurs onNetworkError() is called
}
private function onNetworkError(): void
{
// Set "errorLabel" here: How?
}
}
Essentially I want to know some ways to update "errorLabel" from the NetworkGatewayImpl.