I want to plot a very simple boxplot like this in R:
desired graph
It is a log-link (Gamma distributed: jh_conc is a hormone concentration variable) Generalized linear model of a continuous dependent variable (jh_conc) for a categorical grouping variable (group: type of bee)
My script that I already have is:
> jh=read.csv("data_jh_titer.csv",header=T)
> jh
group jh_conc
1 Queens 6.38542714
2 Queens 11.22512563
3 Queens 7.74472362
4 Queens 11.56834171
5 Queens 3.74020100
6 Virgin Queens 0.06080402
7 Virgin Queens 0.12663317
8 Virgin Queens 0.08090452
9 Virgin Queens 0.04422111
10 Virgin Queens 0.14673367
11 Workers 0.03417085
12 Workers 0.02449749
13 Workers 0.02927136
14 Workers 0.01648241
15 Workers 0.02150754
fit1=glm(jh_conc~group,family=Gamma(link=log), data=jh)
ggplot(fit, aes(group, jh_conc))+
geom_boxplot(aes(fill=group))+
coord_trans(y="log")
the resulting plot looks like this:
My question is: what (geom) extensions can I use to split the y-axis and rescale them different? Also how do I add the black circles (averages; which are calculated on a log scale and then back-transformed to the original scale) horizontal lines which are significance levels based on posthoc tests performed on log transformed data: ** : p<0.01, *** :p< 0.001?


