I am writing a code for linux kernel module and experiencing a strange behavior in it. Here is my code:
int data = 0;
void threadfn1()
{
int j;
for( j = 0; j < 10; j++ )
printk(KERN_INFO "I AM THREAD 1 %d\n",j);
data++;
}
void threadfn2()
{
int j;
for( j = 0; j < 10; j++ )
printk(KERN_INFO "I AM THREAD 2 %d\n",j);
data++;
}
static int __init abc_init(void)
{
struct task_struct *t1 = kthread_run(threadfn1, NULL, "thread1");
struct task_struct *t2 = kthread_run(threadfn2, NULL, "thread2");
while( 1 )
{
printk("debug\n"); // runs ok
if( data >= 2 )
{
kthread_stop(t1);
kthread_stop(t2);
break;
}
}
printk(KERN_INFO "HELLO WORLD\n");
}
Basically I was trying to wait for threads to finish and then print something after that.
The above code does achieve that target but WITH "printk("debug\n");" not commented. As soon as I comment out printk("debug\n"); to run the code without debugging and load the module through insmod command, the module hangs on and it seems like it gets lost in recursion. I dont why printk effects my code in such a big way?
Any help would be appreciated.
regards.