4
votes

My Google Cloud SQL Instance is stuck at restarting. The operations panel shows that the restart is running. I also can't access the backups or do anything else with the instance, because it is busy with restarting.

Is there a way to get the server back up and running or access the backups so I can import the backups in a new sql instance?

I removed the "sql-server" tag. Did you resolve this problem? If so, what did you do? If not, what have you done? - Mike Sherrill 'Cat Recall'
Problem is resolved by Google Support. They had to manually force restart the instance. - Laurens
@Laurens how did you talk with Google Support? Paid support level or any group or forum? - Shaharia Azam
for me the restart gas been completed exactly after 1 hour. It may be because of the deadlock timeout that they have (600 seconds!) which cause the server to crash completely and then the restart can happen (stackoverflow.com/a/42201633/2088039) - Tonino