2
votes

I'm using wcf for a web service. it works on .net framework 4.5. but it crashes on mono.

Exception Details System.InvalidOperationException : There was an error generating the XML document. ----> System.ArgumentException : The empty string '' is not a valid local name. at <0x00000 + 0x00000> at (wrapper remoting-invoke)

This exception was thrown in System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message.WriteBodyContents() So I have overridden this method(similar as Royal Mail Shipping API C#) and got another exception.

Exception Details Received an invalid SOAP Fault message ----> System.Xml.XmlException : Content cannot be converted to the type System.Xml.XmlQualifiedName. Line 1, position 116. ----> System.InvalidCastException : The String 'wsa:MessageAddressingHeaderRequired' cannot be represented as an XmlQualifiedName. A namespace for prefix 'wsa' cannot be found. at <0x00000 + 0x00000> at (wrapper remoting-invoke)

Is there anyway to replace the default FaultMessage serializer on Mono?

1
what version of mono are you using? - knocte

1 Answers

0
votes

I saw this exception when client and server were on different OS (linux server and windows client). My workaround was in using another serializer. I used Jil JSON and it worked OK.