3
votes

I downloaded the latest Selenium Webdriver zip file for Java and after I extracted it, I get a bunch of JAR files but missing the needed selenium-java-x.xx.x.jar file.

Selenium Client & WebDriver Language Bindings
http://www.seleniumhq.org/download/

Am I not extracting it correctly? I tried on both Mac and windows machine and I get these bunch of JARs instead.

enter image description here

Why do I not get the selenium JAR?

2
Have you tried to import client-combined-3.0.1-nodeps.jar ? - Florent B.
You have extracted correctly. Names of jars got changed.as Said by @FlorentB.selenium-java-x.xx.x.jar got changed to client-combined-3.0.1-nodeps.jar - Girish Bellamkonda
'client-combined-3.0.1-nodeps.jar' is outside the lib folder - Naveen Kumar R B
Thanks. All the tutorials still says the old JAR name. @FlorentB, please post your answer and I can accept it as correct. I'm sure it would help some other guys. - ibaralf

2 Answers

6
votes

As Florent B. has commented, the old selenium-java-x.xx.x.jar was renamed to client-combined-x.x.x-nodeps.jar. The new name of the JAR was not very obvious.

Simply add this new JAR in your build path Libraries.

0
votes

Before changing or adding new JARs. Please check if Eclipse is taking the correct Java-SE version for execution. This can be verified while creating a new Java project. Select the latest Java-SE version installed on your machine from the drop-down list during project creation. enter image description here