New to SSIS and am trying to import a flat file into my DB. There are 6 different rows on the flat file that I need to combine into one row in the database, each of these rows contain a different price for one symbol. For example below:
IGBGK 21 w 47
IGBGK 21 u 2.9150
IGBGK 21 h 2.9300
IGBGK 21 l 2.9050
IGBGK 22 h 2.9300
IGBGK 22 l 2.8800
So each of these are in a different rows on the flat file but will become one row in different columns for symbol IGBGK. I can transform the data to place each number into its own column but can not get them to combine into one row.
Any help on the direction I need to go with this is greatly appreciated.
End product should look like:
Symbol | col 1 | col 2 | col 3 | col 4 | col 5 | col 6
-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------
IGBGK | 47 | 2.915 | 29.30 | 2.905 | 2.930 | 2.880
Execute SQL taskto get the desired outcome. You can use PIVOT for that. - DenStudent