I am trying to use a logistic model of the form
Y = exp(ao + a1fi1....)/(1 + exp(a0 + a1fi1 ....)
for multiple non linear regression in R, The dependent variable Y is a row consisting of about 500 values and there are 33 independent variables X1, X2, X3.....X33
I am reading my data from an EXCEL file:
data1<-read.csv(file.choose(), header=TRUE)
which populates R with my data. I performed linear regression with the lm() function using input:
results<- lm(Y~ X1 + X2....X33, data = data1)
which worked perfectly fine and now I am trying to use the self starting logistic function of the form:
nls(Y ~ SSlogis(x, Asym, xmid, scal), data1)
for non linear regression; however, I do not seem to be applying the function properly. Thus my question is how would I use this function to perform multiple non linear regression analysis for my dataset?? Thank you for any help you can provide.
nlswithSSlogis. Do you have binary data (Y takes two distinct values)? If so, useglmwithfamily = binomial, notnlswithSSlogis. - Gregor Thomas