I’m having a lot of trouble configuring my custom domain. Currently, if you go to my site www.mydomain.com it redirects to the default somecrazyname.firebase.com. In my google domains, I just have both www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com redirecting to the mycrazyname.firebase.com just for the sake of having something live until I can figure this out. My question is, how do I make it so when you go to www.mydomain.com it stays on www.mydomain.com while showing my amazing content and not somecrazyname.firebase.com.
Everything is configured correctly with firebase as far as my custom url goes(verification, etc.). However, the url firebase gave me is https mydomain.com (where if you go there it says the site can't be displayed) where my domain on Google domains is http. I've tried to configure redirects within my firebase json as well as my synthetic records in Google domains, but have had no such luck and am out of ideas. I've also looked at the firebase hosting custom domains documentation and am just not getting it.
Here are some visuals.... 

My redirects as seen on Google domains

I'm sure it's just a matter of putting things in the right places, but I have been trying this for a few hours and have not had any luck.