10
votes

i have this weird combo on my openSSL.

My command prompt openssl version returns the library version -> OpenSSL 1.0.2h 3 May 2016

where my php curl call -> echo "openssl version text: " . OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT . "\n"; returns the header version: openssl version text: OpenSSL 1.0.1t 3 May 2016

i wonder how can i updated the OpenSSL Header version as i need 1.0.2 in order for the APNS to work as i'm still getting

HTTP/2 client preface string missing or corrupt. Hex dump for received bytes: 504f5354202f332f6465766963652f613433646466376235

i'm using WAMP Apache/2.4.17 (Win64) PHP/5.6.16

enter image description here

4
Basically its nothing to worry about - RiggsFolly
@RiggsFolly unfortunately i need it updated. please see my updated question - Desmond
I think you will need to upgrade your version of PHP - RiggsFolly
@RiggsFolly thats the latest WAMP available... - Desmond
Also see How to install: OpenSSL + WAMP and Enabling OpenSSL in WAMP. OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 are supposed to be binary compatible, so you may be able to swap-in new DLLs. - jww

4 Answers

4
votes

You can solve this issue only by upgrading your PHP version OR you can also reinstall PHP/5.6.16. after that your both Openssl version will be same.

I have also faced this issue and after spending lots of time I found this solution.

1
votes

I'm having the same basic issue and have reinstalled php 5.6 to no effect. I now have a library version of 1.0.1p and a header version of 1.0.2j. I've removed openssl, mod_php, apache 2.4, and php 5.6 and reinstalled them all which updated the header version to 1.0.2j but not the library version.

I don't think this is as simple as just reinstalling php 5.6, at least not on FreeBSD.

0
votes

I faced the same problem, I had to upgrade openSSL to 1.1+

0
votes

In my case it was because of old Apache/HTTPD. I rebuilt PHP with new libcurl & openssl - in command line everything seemed to be OK, but in web-server-mode - used to get old version of OpenSSL. I spent a few hours dancing around - finally I got to recompile Apache also - and that helped me out! Because Apache loaded old libss.so BEFORE php was started. Pay attention on that.