0
votes

I am trying to use https://github.com/arunoda/meteor-up/tree/mupx to deploy https://www.meteor.com/tutorials/react/creating-an-app on Amazon AWS. Everything goes well untill I get to "mupx deploy".


    $ mupx init
    $ mupx setup
    (node:524) fs: re-evaluating native module sources is not supported. 
    If you are using the graceful-fs module, 
    please update it to a more recent version.


    Started TaskList: Setup (linux)
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Installing Docker
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Installing Docker: SUCCESS
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Setting up Environment
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Setting up Environment: SUCCESS
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Copying MongoDB configuration
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Copying MongoDB configuration: SUCCESS
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Installing MongoDB
    [ec2-50-112-9-82.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Installing MongoDB: SUCCESS



    $ mupx deploy


    Meteor app path    : /Users/peter/Desktop/meteor-com/simple-todos-react
    Using buildOptions : {"debug":true,"executable":"meteor"}
    buffer.js:106
          throw new Error(
          ^

    Error: If encoding is specified then the first argument must be a string
        at new Buffer (buffer.js:106:13)
        at Readable. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/mupx/node_modules/archiver/lib/util/index.js:32:15)
        at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
        at Readable.emit (events.js:185:7)
        at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:926:12)
        at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
        at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

1
Inside "mup.json" I changed "deployCheckWaitTime": 15 to 60. $ mupx reconfig Started TaskList: Updating configurations (linux) [ec2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Sending environment variables [ec2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Sending environment variables: SUCCESS [ec2.compute.amazonaws.com] - Starting app [ec2.compute.amazonaws.com] x Starting app: FAILED ---STDERR--- bash: /opt/simple-todos/config/start.sh: No such file or directory ---STDOUT--- - Bob
Do I have to manually transfer my source files to AWS server or mupx bundles it and copy everything to /opt dir on server? - Bob

1 Answers

0
votes

This error is related to Node.js version 6.*. Downgrading to < 6.0 should solve it. I'm using 5.1.1 for AWS deployments and it's working flawlessly. NVM is a great tool to manage node versions.