1
votes

Using Google Cloud Storage, I do not get CORS header in response for one file, but all other files contain it.

I uploaded a folder of SVG files to be served from Google Cloud Storage. I put them in a new bucket. I changed the permissions so that all files would be served to the public. I used the gsutil tool to set the CORS headers with a JSON file for the bucket. I confirmed the CORS setting succeeded with gsutil cors get gs://bucket.

The response for each object/file correctly contains the desired CORS header, EXCEPT FOR ONE of the files I uploaded!

This file happens to be alphabetically first, not sure if that is helpful. I tried deleting the file with the problem, re-uploading, and re-applying the CORS setting with gsutil. No luck! Requests for the same file are still missing the desired CORS header.

  • How can I fix the response for the single file lacking CORS header?
  • Why is this happening?

UPDATE: The behavior changed. The CORS header is now present. It was wrong for a long time (60 minutes?), but fixed now. Why??

1

1 Answers

2
votes

Based on your update, it sounds like your object was cached. See the note about Cache Control and Consistency in the documentation.