I am an iText java developer. I have been working with large tables and now I am stuck in splitting a table vertically.
In page 119 of iText in Action, honourable Bruno Lowagie (I got so much respect for this guy) explains how to split a large table so that columns appear in two distinct pages.
I followed his example and it works fine when a document has few rows.
In my case I have 100 rows, maning that the document needs to split 100 rows in several pages while at the same time split columns vertically. I ran my code as follows but only the first 34 rows are displayed.
Can someone kindly explain what could be wrong with this code:
//create a PDFPTable with 24 columns
PdfPTable tbl = new PdfPTable(new float{1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1});
//loop through 100 rows
for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
//insert 24 table cells
}
tbl.setTotalWidth(1500);//set table width
float top = document.top() - document.topMargin() - 30;
PdfContentByte canvas = writer.getDirectContent();
tbl.writeSelectedRows(0, 12, 0, -1, document.leftMargin(), top, canvas);
document.newPage();
// draw the remaining two columns on the next page
tbl.writeSelectedRows(12, -1, 0, -1, 5, top, canvas);