0
votes

I installed CKAN and I am having difficulty with adding the DataStore extension using as a guide Setting Up the DataStore from the latest CKAN docs. When I get to the line curl -X GET "http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/3/action/datastore_search?resource_id=_table_metadata", I get this reponse: curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 5000: Connection refused.

When I look at a dataset I created through the CKAN instance through my browser, the data preview on my JSON file shows an error:

Dataset Error Screenshot

and trying to click the upper link to download the file directly also gives me a browser error when it goes to the URL:

Browser Data Download Error

I'm not sure what my next steps should be to figure out what's wrong but I think the FileStore is working since I was able to upload a picture and load it for an Organization listing.

The installation is fresh and has all the default settings from the installation guide so I haven't done any special modifications. Thanks for your help in advance.

1
What is your ckan.site_url set to in your prodution.ini/development.ini? - k-nut
ckan.site_url = http://opendata.test - Sean Yee
This needs to be changed then. The site_url should be set to the URL under which your site is available. It is used for constructing URLs. So you probably need to change it to http://127.0.0.1:5000 (assuming your ckan is running under that URL) - k-nut
Hi k-nut, that seems to have done the trick. We weren't using http://127.0.0.1:5000 but I used the address we have and it worked. Thanks very much for your help! - Sean Yee

1 Answers

0
votes

Because k-nut's suggestion was the answer but it's in a comment to my question, I thought I'd post an official answer in case anyone else has the same problem. The ckan.site_url needs to be set to the specific URL that CKAN is running under which may not necessarily be a generic one, even if everything else is default configured. In my case, I have a specific internal URL for my VM that I needed to set.