0
votes

In my Windows 8.1 Application, I tried to integrate Bing Map control and provided my Map key but when I am running the application it's just showing blocked icon/black screen. Event I tried downloading Bing Maps sample from MSDN, but in that also I am getting the same error after provding bing map key. So I am not sure what's the actual issue, is issue with my bing map key? Here's the screenshot of how I created my Key from Bing Map portal:

enter image description here

And below is the screenshot that I see on screen when I run my application:

enter image description here

Bing Map Block Error:

enter image description here

1
What country are you located in? Try updating your video drivers. Try looking at network traffic with Fiddler and see if the tile requests are being blocked by a firewall. - rbrundritt
Thnx for your reply, for somehow I am not able to debug trough fidder, but today I am getting blocked icon on the map,I added screenshot of that in my post. I am trying to access this from India. - Zea Shah

1 Answers

0
votes

Ok, there are certain countries in which the Windows 8.1 map control is disabled as documented here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj670541.aspx You can get around this by setting the HomeRegion property of the map to a country that isn't blocked. For example HomeRegion="US"