1
votes

I've been trying to update node on my Raspberry Pi 3 that I use to run node-red.

Initially I updated node to 0.12 and during the installation saw the message removing node-red. I tried to re-install using npm install -g node-red but could not run 'node-red-start'.

I then found the instructions for updating node here and followed them but I still cannot start node-red.

When I try node-red-start I get node-red-start: command not found.

the upgrade of node, npm and node-red seemed to work but I can't start it. I also need to set it up to start when the pi reboots.

Thanks

1
For general support questions like this, you can also make use of the project mailing list, linked at the bottom of nodered.org - knolleary

1 Answers

1
votes

Further down on the page of instructions you linked to is a section called: 'Adding Autostart capability using SystemD'

That restores the node-red-start command and let's it auto start on boot using systemd.