I've been working a bit with neural networks and I'm interested on implementing a spiking neuron model.
I've read a fair amount of tutorials but most of them seem to be about generating pulses and I haven't found any application of it on a given input train.
Say for example I got input train:
Input[0] = [0,0,0,1,0,0,1,1]
It enters the Izhikevich neuron, does the input multiply a weight or only makes use of the parameters a, b, c and d?
Izhikevich equations are:
v[n+1] = 0.04*v[n]^2 + 5*v[n] + 140 - u[n] + I
u[n+1] = a*(b*v[n] - u[n])
where v[n] is input voltage and u[n] is a general recovery variable.
Are there any texts on implementations of Izhikevich or similar spiking neuron models on a practical problem? I'm trying to understand how information is encoded on this models but it looks different from what's done with standard second generation neurons. The only tutorial I've found where it deals with a spiking train and a set of weights is [1] but I haven't seen the same with Izhikevich.